Brought to you by B:Hive, Blue Eye Deer and the North West Angle.
How it works:
There is a $10 buy-in. Each sweepstake will have 16 players. Each person will pick a team out of lucky dip draw at Friday drinks (8th June) you will pick two teams, one from the top of the table and one from the bottom of the table. Table orders are defined by current world rankings.
How you win:
- If your Team (from either table wins the world cup - $200
- If your Bottom table team finishes top of the bottom table - $100*
- If you finish last - $20
This way everyone gets a chance to win - even the losers.
Draw & Payment to take place at Friday Drinks 8th June.
For those who still want to participate but won't be at drinks then feel free to swing by the NWA (1st floor - North West Angle) or send a representative.
Rankings as at 17 May 2018
- We'll run as many pools as necessary to accomodate people.
- Draw to take place on Friday 8th June.
- Submitting your details gives us the organisers to communicate to you. Though we won't spam you, it'll likely be a some sporting banter and the like.
- We are in no way suggesting that we know what we're doing or are affiliated to FIFA. We just want to make it fair for everyone to get a chance to play and have fun.
- M&M's are our favourite.
What if two or more teams finish on equal points for the bottom of the table draw and for last place?
Great question! The scoring will be based on points and then goal difference — so if your team has a better goal difference for 2nd prize and worse goal difference for last place). If teams are still even at this point we'll initiate penalty shoot out based on a 5 coin toss measure.